Use platform events in the following cases:
- To send and receive custom event data with a predefined schema
- To publish or subscribe to events in Apex
- For the flexibility of publishing and processing events on and off the Salesforce platform
What are the different platforms in Salesforce?
With that, here are the tools you can use to build apps on Lightning Platform:
- Salesforce Environments. A secure and isolated development environment for developers and admins to test ideas, accelerate app development, and customize the platform. …
- Heroku. It lets you extend Salesforce by building engaging experiences through custom apps. …
- mySalesforce. …
- myEinstein. …
- Salesforce App Cloud. …
How to subscribe to Salesforce platform event?
Subscribe Channel Listener. Step 1: Add Salesforce Subscribe channel listener and configure as shown below: Step 2: Log the actual platform event which will be in the Object format like below: The sample event would look like: Step 3: Now add Transform message to extract the event message that is encapsulated in the above Object.
How to create your first app in Salesforce?
- To create application in lightning, Click File | New | Lightning Application.
- Enter the name, and click Ok. E.g. appName.app resource. You may set name accordingly.
- Now use c:helloWorld to refer the component helloWorld.cmp using the default namespace c. If your organization has a registered namespace, you can use it to reference. …
What is a platform event?
Platform events are the event messages that your apps send and receive. They simplify the process of communicating changes and responding to them without requiring you to write complex logic. Publishers and subscribers communicate with each other through platform events. One or more subscribers can listen to the same event and carry out actions.
Defining Platform Events
Below are the steps to create a custom Platform Event in Salesforce: 1. 1. In Setup, select Platform Eventsin the quick find. 2. 2. Click New Platform Event. 3. 3. Fill in the standard fields. 4. 4. Platform Events provide two types of publishing mechanisms. Publish after commit is use…
Publishing Platform Events
Below are several ways to publish a platform event after defining the same: 1. Publish Event Messages with Flows 2. Publish Event Messages with Processes 3. Publish Event Messages with Apex 4. Publish Event Messages via APIs Below is the code snippet to publish platform event with Apex:
Subscribing Platform Events
Below are the several ways to receive the platform event: 1. Subscribe to Platform Event Messages with Flows 2. Subscribe to Platform Event Messages with Processes 3. Subscribe to Platform Event Notifications with Apex Triggers 4. Subscribe to Platform Event Notifications in a Lightning Component 5. Subscribe to Platform Event Notifications with CometD(Workbench)
We hope you find this post helpful and will guide you to define, publish, and subscribe to platform events. To know more, don’t hesitate to connect with us. Emizentech, a Salesforce development company, is always there to serve you the best.