A field set is a grouping of fields. For example, you could have a field set that contains fields describing a user’s first name, middle name, last name, and business title. When a field set is added to a Visualforce page, developers can loop over its fields and render them.
How to create and use fieldset in Salesforce?
- FieldSets are used to display fields.
- They are used to add, remove and reorder fields.
- When FieldSets are used to style forms and display those logical associations between fields.
- FieldSets are useful in managed packages
How to create a custom field in Salesforce?
- Field Label: Type
- Field Name: Type
- Values: Select Enter values, with each value separated by a new line
- Enter the following values: Website Blog Event Podcast Group Job Other
- At Required, select Always require a value in this field in order to save a record.
What are the types of custom settings in Salesforce?
- Convert Custom Setting Objects to Custom Metadata Types First retrieve your app metadata, including the custom objects you’re using for configuration. …
- Replace __c with __mdt By now you’re comfortable with the idea that custom metadata types use the __mdt suffix instead of the classic __c suffix. …
- Replace Apex Code with SOQL Queries
How to add fields in Salesforce?
- Navigate to the fields area of the appropriate object. …
- In Custom Fields & Relationships, click New. …
- Choose the type of field and click Next. …
- For relationship fields, associate an object with the field and click Next.
- Enter a field label. …
What is use of field set in Salesforce?
Field Set is used to group the fields of an object. We can use this in the Visualforce page and Apex class. Dynamically, we can add, remove, and reorder the fields without modifying the code in the VF Page using Field Set.
Where are field sets in Salesforce?
From the management settings for the appropriate object, go to Field Sets, and then click New. Enter a Field Set Label. This is the name presented to subscribers who install the field through a managed package.