- In Salesforce, from Setup, enter Debug Mode in the Quick Find box, then select Debug Mode Users. …
- In the user list, locate any users who need debug mode enabled. If necessary, use the standard list view controls to filter your org’s users.
- Enable the selection checkbox next to users for whom you want to enable debug mode.
- Click Enable.
- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Administration Setup > Monitoring > Debug Logs. …
- On the Debug Logs page, in the Monitored Users section, click the New button.
- On the Add Users To Debug Logs page, click the magnifying glass icon to find the user you wish to monitor.
Table of Contents
How to use debug logs in Salesforce to troubleshoot?
- Processes created in the Process Builder appear as flows and workflow rules in debug logs. …
- Record change processes appear as flows of type Workflow. …
- Immediate actions that are executed in a block are strung together in the flow. …
- Scheduled actions are executed after a FLOW_WAIT element. …
How to enable debug logs?
Log on to the computer as a member of the local administrators group. Launch Event Viewer. Select ViewShow Analytic and Debug Logs. Navigate to Event Viewer (Local)Applications and Service LogsMicrosoftUser Experience VirtualizationApp Agent. Right-click on Debug under App Agent and select Enable Log.
What are debug logs and how do I use them?
- Each debug log must be 20 MB or smaller. …
- System debug logs are retained for 24 hours. …
- If you generate more than 1,000 MB of debug logs in a 15-minute window, your trace flags are disabled. …
- When your org accumulates more than 1,000 MB of debug logs, we prevent users in the org from adding or editing trace flags. …
How do I collect debug logs?
To collect debug logs
- Right-click on “Debug” node and select “Save all events as”.
- Choose a location and a file name and Save.
- Choose “Display information for these languages” and select “English (United States)”.
- Click “Ok”.
How do I give a debug log access to a user in Salesforce?
Enable the Debug Apex permissionLog in to your org.From Setup, enter Permission Sets in the Quick Find box, then click Permission Sets.Create a permission set. … 4.In the “Select the type of users who will use this permission set” section, choose None from the User License drop-down list. … Save your changes.More items…•
How do I view system debug logs in Salesforce?
To view the debug logs, from the setup option in Salesforce, enter ‘Debug Logs’ in the ‘Quick Find box’, then select ‘Debug Logs’. Once you select the Debug Logs, click the ‘View’ button to examine the log. Click ‘Download’ to download the logs as an XML file.
How do I open a debug log?
To enable debug logging information and open the debug log file:Select Preferences from the Preferences Toolbar.The Viewer/General dialog box displays.Click the Error Log File check box.Click OK to save your selection.Open the Debug Log located in the following directory:
Can we query debug logs in Salesforce?
Monitoring logs are generated when your org has active CLASS_TRACING or USER_DEBUG trace flags. These logs are visible to all your org’s admins. Each debug log must be 20 MB or smaller….Required Editions and User Permissions.User Permissions NeededTo view, retain, and delete debug logs:View All Data
How do I debug in Salesforce?
Use checkpoints, logs, and the View State tab to help debug the code you’ve written.Set Checkpoints in Apex Code. Use Developer Console checkpoints to debug your Apex classes and triggers. … Overlaying Apex Code and SOQL Statements. … Checkpoint Inspector. … Log Inspector. … Use Custom Perspectives in the Log Inspector. … Debug Logs.
What is a debug log?
A debug log can record database operations, system processes, and errors that occur when executing a transaction or running unit tests. Debug logs can contain information about: Database changes.
What does it mean to enable debug log?
Debug logging is a troubleshooting process that gathers a large amount of information and system logs to help find problems. We recommend only enabling this for a short time, as the log files can become very large on the end device.
How do I get Apex job logs in Salesforce?
Hi, If you use Scheduled Apex to run the batch, you can get the job submitter at Monitor|Jobs|Scheduled Jobs. Then in Logs|Debug Logs, setup monitoring that specific user (the submitter). You can find the log once the job runs.
What is debug level in Salesforce?
A debug level is a set of log levels for debug log categories, such as Database , Workflow , and Validation . A trace flag includes a debug level, a start time, an end time, and a log type. The log types are DEVELOPER_LOG , USER_DEBUG , and CLASS_TRACING .
What is Apexlog in Salesforce?
Represents a debug log.
How do I search the developer console in Salesforce?
1. Go to Edit –> Search in Files in Developer Console. 2. Enter the keyword and Search.
How do you delete a test run in Salesforce Developer Console?
Test -> Clear Test Data.Refresh Developer Console window (e.g., with F5 on PC)
What is a debug log?
A debug log can record database operations, system processes, and errors that occur when executing a transaction or running unit tests. Debug logs can contain information about: Database changes. HTTP callouts. Apex errors.
How long are debug logs retained?
The log lines can be removed from any location, not just the start of the debug log. System debug logs are retained for 24 hours. Monitoring debug logs are retained for seven days. If you generate more than 1,000 MB of debug logs in a 15-minute window, your trace flags are disabled.
What is debug filtering?
Debug log filtering provides a mechanism for fine-tuning the log verbosity at the trigger and class level. This is especially helpful when debugging Apex logic. For example, to evaluate the output of a complex process, you can raise the log verbosity for a given class while turning off logging for other classes or triggers within a single request.
What is a log line?
Log lines are included inside units of code and indicate which code or rules are being executed. Log lines can also be messages written to the debug log. For example: Log lines are made up of a set of fields, delimited by a pipe ( | ).
Does debug log include time based workflows?
The debug log does not include information from actions triggered by time-based workflows. You can retain and manage debug logs for specific users, including yourself, and for classes and triggers. Setting class and trigger trace flags doesn’t cause logs to be generated or saved.
Why is debug mode enabled in Salesforce?
What happens when you enable debug mode?
Debug Log Categories
Each debug level includes a debug log level for each of the following log categories. The amount of information logged for each category depends on the log level.
Debug Log Levels
Each debug level includes one of the following log levels for each log category. The levels are listed from lowest to highest. Specific events are logged based on the combination of category and levels. Most events start being logged at the INFO level.
Debug Event Types
The following is an example of what is written to the debug log. The event is USER_DEBUG. The format is timestamp | event identifier: