Debug Your Code Use checkpoints, logs, and the View State tab to help debug the code you’ve written. Set Checkpoints in Apex Code
- From Setup, select Your Name > Developer Console to open Developer Console.
- Select Debug > Change Log Levels.
- Click the Add/Change link in General Trace Setting for You.
- Select INFO as the debug level for all columns.
- Click Done.
- Click Done.
- Select Debug > Perspective Manager.
How to capture debug logs for Salesforce site pages?
quick find box and then click on the “Debug Logs” link. Within the “Monitored Users” list, you can see all of the Salesforce Users that are currently configured to capture logs. To add an additional user, including yourself, click on the “New” button. Click on the lookup icon (to the right of the input box, to the left of the “Save” button).
How to monitor user activity in Salesforce?
User Activity Monitoring in Salesforce
- Security. The average cost of a data breach is $3.92 million. …
- Compliance. Regulated industries like healthcare and financial services follow compliance frameworks that require user activity monitoring.
- Usage and Adoption. User activity monitoring insights can also reveal how users interact with Salesforce. …
- Performance. …
- Salesforce Shield: Event Monitoring. …
What are the skills for Salesforce developer?
- Analyze what the needs of the users are, then design, test, and develop software that meets those needs
- Design Salesforce solutions and create effective project plans. …
- Suggest new software upgrades for the customers’ existing apps, programs, and systems
What are debug logs and how do I use them?
- Each debug log must be 20 MB or smaller. …
- System debug logs are retained for 24 hours. …
- If you generate more than 1,000 MB of debug logs in a 15-minute window, your trace flags are disabled. …
- When your org accumulates more than 1,000 MB of debug logs, we prevent users in the org from adding or editing trace flags. …
How do I use debug mode in Salesforce?
In Salesforce, from Setup, enter Debug Mode in the Quick Find box, then select Debug Mode Users. Click Enable.
How do I run a debug log in Salesforce?
Set a user-based trace flag on the guest user.From Setup, enter Debug Logs in the Quick Find box, then click Debug Logs.Click New.Set the traced entity type to User.Open the lookup for the Traced Entity Name field, and then find and select your guest user.Assign a debug level to your trace flag.Click Save.
What is debugging in Salesforce?
Apex provides debugging support. You can debug your Apex code using the Developer Console and debug logs. To aid debugging in your code, Apex supports exception statements and custom exceptions. Also, Apex sends emails to developers for unhandled exceptions.
How do I debug a test in Salesforce?
Go to Setup>Developer>Apex Test Execution>Select Tests> pick the testing class you want to see the debug logs from can click run.
How do I debug Salesforce lightning?
There are a few basic tools and techniques that can help you to debug applications. Use Chrome DevTools to debug your client-side code….DebuggingEnable Debug Mode for Lightning Components. … Disable Caching Setting During Development. … Salesforce Lightning Inspector Chrome Extension. … Log Messages.
How do I troubleshoot an error in Salesforce?
3:324:34Troubleshoot Your Process Using the Debug Log | Salesforce Developer …YouTubeStart of suggested clipEnd of suggested clipCheck the processes criteria by clicking on it. Then have a look at the value referenced in theMoreCheck the processes criteria by clicking on it. Then have a look at the value referenced in the condition section on the right panel. Then check the action defined in the process.
How do I debug a code in Visual Studio SalesForce?
In Visual Studio Code, click the View menu then choose Command Palette…. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows or Linux) or Cmd+Shift+P (macOS) to open the Command Palette. Enter sfdx replay in the search box, then choose SFDX: Turn On Apex Debug Log for Replay Debugger.
How do I debug a Salesforce production?
Open the Developer Console, open the class or trigger that you’d like to examine, and click in the gutter (the left side of the line numbers) to set a checkpoint. Execute your code (e.g. save a record, click a button on a VF page, whatever), and then go back to the Developer Console.
What is debug level in Salesforce?
A debug level is a set of log levels for debug log categories, such as Database , Workflow , and Validation . A trace flag includes a debug level, a start time, an end time, and a log type. The log types are DEVELOPER_LOG , USER_DEBUG , and CLASS_TRACING .
How do I debug an Apex class in Salesforce?
Debug Your CodeSet Checkpoints in Apex Code. Use Developer Console checkpoints to debug your Apex classes and triggers. … Overlaying Apex Code and SOQL Statements. … Checkpoint Inspector. … Log Inspector. … Use Custom Perspectives in the Log Inspector. … Debug Logs.