How to deactivate a Salesforce user?
- Navigate to Users in Setup, and click Edit next to Maya Lorrette.
- Deselect the Active checkbox to deactivate Maya’s user license.
- On the warning message, click OK, then click Save.
- Repeat the same steps to deactivate Ted Kim.
How to create a new Salesforce user?
- Setup > Type in ‘Users’ into Quick Find > Select Users
- Depending on how many users you want to add Select New User (single) or Add Multiple Users (up to 10).
- Select User Licence – this will decide the Salesforce accessibility for each user. This is where you would set up the Identity Licence.
- Select Profile for the user.
How to deactivate a Salesforce user license?
- Termination of the user’s access to your portal
- Removal from all groups, teams, and sharing rules with which the user is associated.
- Permanent loss of the portal user’s association with the contact
- If you later re-enable a contact for portal access, a new portal user is created that is not related to the previous portal user record in any way.
How do I create a new user on Salesforce?
- Enter First name, last name, Alias, Email address.
- Now Assign a Role to the user.
- Now assign user license to the new user.
- Assign a profile to the user.
- Now select generate passwords and notify user via email.
- Click on Save button.
- A verification email will be sent to the Email.
What does it mean to deactivate a user in Salesforce?
Deactivating a user in Salesforce means that user will not be deleted from the system but will no longer be able to log in to Salesforce and their records can be transferred to another user. They cannot be part of workflows or part of any automated processes.
Can you deactivate a user?
In some cases, you can’t immediately deactivate a user (such as when a user is selected in a custom hierarchy field or a user that’s assigned as the sole recipient of a workflow email alert). To prevent users from logging into your organization while you perform the steps to deactivate them, you can freeze user accounts.
What happens when you freeze a user?
Once the user is frozen, the Freeze label changes to Unfreeze. This has to be done user by user and can be a good way to proceed if you have just a few users. I’d also recommend that you create 2 users listviews before proceeding: One Listview with the users you need to freeze and who are not frozen yet.
Can you access Salesforce on a SaaS platform?
As part of maintenance operations or release deployments, you could require to prevent all users – or a subset of users – connecting to a Salesforce organization, for a limited period of time. While you could try to find the OFF button in the settings, Salesforce is a SaaS platform and there is no way you can access the application layer …
Can you freeze more than one Salesforce object?
Note that, depending on the criterias you want to use to filter the users you want to freeze, it can require to extract more than one Salesforce object and combining them using MS Excel for instance, before being able to generate the final file to load.
Multi-Factor Authentication for User Interface Logins
For each profile, you can require users to provide an identity verification method in addition to their username and password when they log in via the user interface. (Note that multi-factor authentication was previously called two-factor authentication.) See Enable MFA with Session Security Levels.
Multi-Factor Authentication for API Logins
For each profile, you can require a verification code, also called a time-based one-time password, or TOTP. Users with the Multi-Factor Authentication for API Logins permission use a verification code instead of the standard security token whenever it’s requested, such as when resetting the account’s password.
Login IP Address Ranges
For Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com editions, you can set the Login IP Range addresses from which users can log in on an individual profile. Users outside the login IP range can’t access your Salesforce org.
Login IP Address Range Enforcement for All Access Requests
You can enforce IP address restrictions for each page request, including requests from client apps. To enable this option, from Setup, enter Session Settings in the Quick Find box, select Session Settings, and then select Enforce login IP ranges on every request. This option affects all user profiles that have login IP restrictions.
Org-Wide Trusted IP Ranges
For all users, you can set a list of IP address ranges from which they can always log in without receiving a login challenge. These users can log in to your org after they provide the additional verification. See Set Trusted IP Ranges for Your Organization.